July 04, 2008

Career????

Q. I'm 20 years old and I don't know what I want to do with my life. Right now, I'm a nanny and I LOVE it. I love feeling like I'm making a difference in a person's life but I'm living paycheck to paycheck with no extra money at all. I'm getting married in three months and my fiance has a really good paying job but, I don't want to be a bum wife that depends on her man to take care of her, you know?

I change my mind on a daily basis... One day I want to be a [starving] photographer and then the next I think being a nurse would be kind of cool. The next day, I'm thinking about being a social worker.

Are there any websites that can help a person decide what type of career would be good for them based on their interests?

A. The best one could do is to change a hobby or passion you like and make a business or career out of it. In that way you are not going to work; just enjoying your hobby and being payed for it. Just remember that in life you may dream of certain careers from being a great actor to an astronaut or doctor. When you start working or getting some introduction to the requrements of entrance or the reality of the work, you may find it is not your cup of tea. This sort of quest is normal and sometimes it is a while with some trial and error before you find your niche.

No comments: